To Sun, APR 19, 2020
*** The board of the Civil War Round Table of Western Missouri considered the present coronavirus pandemic and the efforts to curtail its spread and decided to postpone our weekend trip to the battlefields in Arkansas on April 18-19, 2020. We will wait until conditions stabilize to set a new date. ***
Please join us as the CWRTWM will take a weekend trip and tour Pea Ridge National Military Park and Prairie Grove Battlefield State Park in northwest Arkansas. Transportation to and from Arkansas will be your responsibility.
When: April 18-19, 2020 (Postponed )
Costs (pay as you go): Because some may want to go earlier than Saturday, we are asking everyone to make their own hotel reservations and pay other expenses individually.
- Transportation to the sites (on your own)
- Overnight at the Comfort Inn, Bentonville, Arkansas
- Meals (Saturday lunch and dinner, Sunday breakfast [included at the Comfort Inn] and lunch)
- Tours of the battlefields:
- Prairie Grove Battlefleld Museum - $5 per person
- Pea Ridge Battlefield Visitor's Center and tour - $20 per car (carpool opportunities available)
Accommodations: Comfort Inn at 3001 NE 11th St in Bentonville, Arkansas. Make your own reservations.
Saturday, April 18, 2020 --
- Meet at Prairie Grove Battlefield Museum in Arkansas by 1:00 p.m. on April 18th. It is approximately a 4 hour drive from Independence.
- Tour the Prairie Grove Battlefield Museum. We are hoping to have a guided tour of the museum and battlefield (cost is $5 per person).
- Travel to Comfort Inn, 3001 NE 11th St, Bentonville, AR 72712. Everyone is to make their reservations ahead of time.
- Dinner at one of the several restaurants within 3-mile radius of the Comfort Inn.
Sunday, April 19, 2020 --
- Breakfast and check out of the Comfort Inn, and travel to Pea Ridge Battlefield, a 20 minute drive.
- Tour the Pea Ridge Battlefield Visitor's Center and a 7-mile driving tour (10 stops) of the battlefield (cost $20 per car - carpool opportunity).
- Head for home on your own time schedule.
Potential side trips: (on your own)
- Crystal Gardens Museum of American Art
- Benton County Historical Society / Museum
- Cane Hill Battlefield